This Page

has been moved to new address

Nikon 85mm f/1.4 Portrait Test

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wellington Wedding and Portrait Photographer | Kent Photography | Kent Photography Blog: Nikon 85mm f/1.4 Portrait Test

May 30, 2009

Nikon 85mm f/1.4 Portrait Test

Nikon 85mm f/1.4, known to be one of the best portrait lens by Nikon. This lens has a nine bladed diaphragm which is capable of producing some stunning bokeh. I took a few shots at f/1.4 – f/2.

I had no problem with the lens, it autofocus pretty fast, however the focus was abit slow to respond when I was shooting into the sun., but this is normal. The weight of the lens didn’t seem to bother me, unlike the 70-200mm f/2.8 which I need to take a break every 15mins

The lens lives up to its critiques with exceptional sharpness and amazing bokeh. Check out the images below.

85mm @ f/2

This was shot during sunset. The flare and the colour of the light make the image more dramatic.

85mm @ f/2

I love shooting with flare. This was shot directly in front of the sun, the flare is well controlled.

85mm @ f/1.4

Cropped from image above. The 9 bladed diaphragm gives a superb circular bokeh. The image looks sharp even at f/1.4

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger On-off said...

great blog !
thanks for the photography's lessons;
i've just my "old" D70 ;)

May 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger Kent Photography Blog said...

Thanks,
I wouldn't say they are lessons, but just something to share with other people.
The D70 can produce stunning images too :D

May 31, 2009 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Maria at Lone Star Lens™ said...

Beautiful. I am considering buying the 85mm f/1.4.

July 25, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home