This Page

has been moved to new address

Oriental Bay Lunch

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wellington Wedding and Portrait Photographer | Kent Photography | Kent Photography Blog: Oriental Bay Lunch

August 9, 2009

Oriental Bay Lunch

Instead of trekking on this beautiful day, Grace and I decided to enjoy the Wellington sunshine over lunch overlooking Oriental Bay. The food wasn’t that good, but we were not there for the food, but the view. Afterward, we headed off to see GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

A superb Wellington day and certainly the most relaxing view.

Of cause the perfect day is not complete without the Nikon D700. I took the Nikon 20mm f/2.8 only. Here I attached a step up adaptor to allow for the 77mm CPL to be attached. On a sunny day like this, all the photos are taken with flash.  The best thing about the prime wide angle lens is that  I can use my onboard flash even at 20mm (i.e. ~13mm DX). So I can travel light without bringing my flashgun.

At such a wide angle and bright day, shooting at hyperfocal distance is too convenient. It eliminates the need to focus at all.

Without the need to focus, you can take a shot in a blink of an eye. Here I saw the seagulls passing through so I pick up the camera, press the shutter and still get the seagulls in a reasonable focus. Didn’t even have time to look through the view finder.

A perfect day at Wellington

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Even though there is a slight shadow (I'm assuming it is you taking the photograph), this is a fantastic shot! The colors are remarkable and crisp. Well done!

August 18, 2009 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Kent Photography Blog said...

Appreciate your kind comment, Evil Pixie :D. Yeah.. didnt pay attention to the shadow :(

August 18, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home